Nominations for the 2020 NSW Environmental Education Awards are now closed
Thank you to everyone who took the time to submit a nomination!
Winners will be announced later in the year.
About the 2020 Awards
In 2020, the AAEE NSW Environmental Education Awards will comprise of two suites of awards:
- The 2020 Environmental Educator Excellence Awards
- The 2020 Program Excellence Awards
The 2020 Environmental Educator Excellence Awards Suite
The Environmental Educator Excellence Awards recognise individual educators from a range of sectors who have exhibited leadership and made notable achievements in their sector to further environmental education.
The Overall NSW Environmental Educator of the Year Award is awarded to one of the winners in this suite. Nominees may self-nominate (but must provide a supporting referee). If a nomination is made on behalf of someone else, the nominator must advise if the nominee knows they are being nominated.
The 2020 Environmental Educator Excellence Awards Suite has 6 awards:
- Community Educator of the Year Award
- Government Educator of the Year Award
- Tertiary Educator of the Year Award
- Early Childhood Educator of the Year Award
- Sustainable Schools NSW Teacher of the Year Award
- Overall NSW Environmental Educator of the Year Award (chosen from one of the five sector award winners)
All individuals nominated must predominantly carry out their work in New South Wales
The 2020 Program Excellence Awards Suite
The 2020 Program Excellence Awards is a new suite of awards recognising excellence in environmental education delivery across a range of core AAEE NSW programs and partnerships.
The 2020 Program Excellence Awards Suite has 3 awards:
- Take Me Outside NSW Excellence Award
Recognises a registered Take Me Outside NSW project that has been delivered with excellence.
- Sustainable Schools NSW School of the Year Award
Recognises a school who has shown excellence in embedding sustainability within their school and in the broader community in line with the values of Sustainable Schools NSW.
- Return and Earn Program Leader Award
Recognises a teacher, student, parent or community volunteer who has helped embed the Return and Earn program into their school.
All schools, organisations or individuals nominated must be located in New South Wales
11 June - Nominations for all awards open
14 August - Nominations for all awards close
6 November - Award winners announced at awards dinner
Congratulations to our 2019 NSW Environmental Educator of the Year Award winners!
- Jenny Hill, Blue Mountains City Council, was the winner of the Government education category and overall winner for 2019!
- David Giblin, Chifley College Bidwill Campus, was the winner of the Formal education category; and
- Lisa Wriley, Kariong Eco Garden, was the winner of the Community education category.
2019 - Jenny Hill
2018 - Nikki Dixon
2017 - Nick Carson
2016 Owen Dunlop
2015 Judy Christie
2014 Jem Hansen
2013 Susan Mayo
2012 Phil Smith
2011 Nell Graham
2010 Rosemary Hadaway
2009 Grahame Collier
2008 Syd Smith
2007 Helen Tyas Tunggal
2006 Helen Scott
2004 Bill Dixon
2002 Stuart DeLandre
2001-2 Cameron Archer and Colin Mondy
2000 No Award (due to dissolution of the AAEE State Executive)
1999 Christine Prietto
1998 Sue and Col Lennox
1997 Alan Fox
1996 David Goldney
1994 Joan Webb
1993 Max Maddock
1992 Beryl Strom
1991 Ken Schaefer
1990 Carolyn Pettigrew
1989 Geoff Young
1988 Neil Dufty
1987 Kevin McDonald
1986 Peter Metcalfe
1985 Di Collins
1984 Jack Sinclair
1983 Brian Gilligan
1982 David Tribe
1981 Allen Strom